On March 5, 2022, the traditional Congress for people with special needs "Fərqli Fərdlər" will be held in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The Congress is supported by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, the Heydar Aliyev Center, the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Azerbaijan, the State Compulsory Medical Insurance Agency, the Small and Medium Business Development Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Azerbaijan State Committee for Family, Women and Children Affairs, Regional Development Public Association (RİİB), the Agency for Sustainable and Operative Social Security (DOST) and the Social Services Agency, which always show care and attention to people with special needs.
The gold sponsor of the “Fərqli Fərdlər” congress is the bp company. Silver sponsor is PMD Group. Other sponsors of the event include companies and structures such as: "CTS Translation", "Black&Black Studio", "Konfrans Services" and "AzExpoMontage". The congress is organized on the initiative of Caspian Event Organisers (https://ceo.az/) and Edutainment.az.
The speakers of the congress will be Azerbaijani and leading international experts, teachers and methodologists, doctors, psychologists and psychotherapists from Azerbaijan, Israel, Russia, USA, Turkey, Ukraine, Latvia, Greece and other countries. Traditionally, adults and children with special needs, as well as parents of special children, will take part in panel discussions. The producer of the congress "Fərqli Fərdlər" is a person with autism, the head of the Project to support people with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism - Antonina Steinberg.
As part of the Congress, various workshops will be held; discussions will be attended by leading experts from Azerbaijan, Russia, Israel, Switzerland, Ukraine, Belarus, Turkey and the United States and will cover the following areas:
For the first time, the congress will touch upon the topic "Infantile Cerebral Palsy (CP): debunking myths." During the event, inclusive recruitment and perspectives will also be highlighted.
Join the “Fərqli Fərdlər” family on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ferqliferdlercongress. Follow the news, discuss and ask questions.
To become a partner or sponsor of the event, please contact the Organizing Committee by E-mail: email@example.com.
The results of the “Fərqli Fərdlər” congress over the years of its existence, which became possible thanks to the support of government agencies and sponsors:
1. The organisers of the congress took the initiative to implement a program to create an accessible environment for special people at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Baku. The airport management supported and implemented this program. Baku Airport is one of the best airports in the world, as evidenced by numerous international certificates. Now there is also a service for people with so-called invisible disabilities: autism, dementia, Alzheimer's disease, thanks to which flights have become more comfortable and less stressful for passengers with special needs. Lanyards with a yellow sunflower pattern, which is an international symbol of hidden disability, were introduced.
2. On the initiative and sponsorship of the organisers was translated into Russian book by Tony Attwood "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome". The entire team working on the project of translation and publication of the book are people with special needs. So, people in the spectrum Antonina Steinberg and Alexey Voskov were engaged in translation. The proofreader is Vera Zhibul, a philologist, majoring in Russian language and literature, candidate of philological sciences, mother of a boy diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. The author of the cover of the book is Aisha Mammadli, a girl with autism. The book is currently being prepared for publication.
3. During the “Fərqli Fərdlər” Congress, many people were diagnosed. Participants received free consultations from international experts, relatives of special people shared their experiences and watched their performances. Foreign speakers continue to work closely with local experts after the event. In addition, “Fərqli Fərdlər” congress gave impetus to the development of a special educational program.
4. The congress led to the implementation of new creative projects: with the participation of a children's theater group, an excerpt from the children's performance "Time Machine" based on the scenario of a girl with autism was shown.
5. The designer of the first children's and youth collection "DOSTUM" from the Azerbaijani jewelry brand "BUTALI" was also a girl with autism.
6. There is a special Club to support parents of children with autism. Members of the club gather every month for various discussions regarding the upbringing, education and future of children, as well as providing each other with mutual support.