The 3rd Congress for people with special needs “Ferqli Ferdler” will be held in Baku in 17-18 April. This year’s event will differ with the expanded scope of topics and will be dedicated to both children and adults with special needs. Particular attention will be paid to the problem of socio-psychological adaptation of those individuals who have been working under extreme conditions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including military operations. The international congress will be held online, owing to the situation with COVID-19.
The 3rd Congress seeks to support the Government-initiated trend of developing an inclusive society based on social justice, which is one of the key features of “Azerbaijan 2030: National priorities for the socio-economic development”, approved by President Ilham Aliyev.
Discussions will be attended by leading experts from Azerbaijan, Finland, Russia, Sweden will cover the following five areas:
- The issues of diagnosing (the importance of unique tests for diagnosis for each country, differentiation of diagnosis for children and adults, diagnosis of autism, danger of over-diagnosis, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, kleptomania, ADHD, dyslexia)
- How to choose the right specialist for diagnostics, maintenance and correction?
- Life of children and adults with special needs in the isolation period, etc.
- Post-school future of children with special needs; their further life at universities and at work.
- Special session - posttraumatic syndrome (PTSD). Psychological assistance to the families of the fallen soldiers and those soldiers who have recently returned from the battlefield. Other cases of PTSD.
Within the framework of the congress, various seminars, workshops and other events will be held.
The congress is organized on the initiative of Caspian Event Organisers and Edutainment.az. Among the partners and friends of the Congress are the DOST Agency of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan, State Advertising Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan, ACE Group Consultants and CTS Translation. The organisers invite everyone interested in supporting the development of an inclusive society in Azerbaijan to join the partners of the Congress “Ferqli Ferdler”. You can contact the Organising Committee at email@example.com.
For the latest news about the Congress please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ferqliferdlercongress.